Advanced Business English
Communication is everything in business. The degree to which an organisation can competently communicate both internally and externally has far-reaching and long-lasting effects on their success.
If you’ve ever left a meeting unsure of what exactly had been achieved, then you’ll be acutely aware of the detrimental impact of failed communication. It determines the clarity with which ideas can be developed, the speed with which procedures can be disseminated, the strength of relationships, and the value of leadership.
*Please note that this course is provided by UCD Professional Academy.
- The content is organised around themes that are representative of typical workplace situations, to provide you with the practical training professionals need to communicate effectively across a range of business contexts.
|Location||UCD Campus, Belfield|
|Tuition||2 hours per lesson twice a week for 10 weeks|
What to expect
- Learn from experienced educators in modern classrooms with full multi-media facilities.
- Master the skills you need to work, travel, and communicate with ease in the modern world of global commerce.
- Experience practical, engaging, and interactive learning methods, including group and individual exercises, role-play, presentation, communicative practice, plus extensive audio-visual support and including online resources.
- Receive targeted individual feedback on emails, presentations, and report-writing.
- Complete ongoing assessments and an end-of-course test.
Frequently Asked Questions
You will be assessed on an ongoing basis, as well as through an end-of-course test.
The ideal student of this course would be someone employed at a multinational organisation who is looking to advance in their career by improving their ability to take part in meetings, deliver presentations, and communicate effectively in speaking and writing.
If your goal is to function at a higher level in an international English-speaking business environment, then this is the right course for you.
Upon successful completion of the Advanced Business English programme, you will receive a UCD Professional Academy Diploma.
This programme is not on the National Framework of Qualifications.
This course is designed to give you the confidence you need to take the next step in your business career.
- Intensive speaking practice in a range of business contexts: meetings, negotiations, interviews, presentations, project management, etc.
- The development of comprehension skills relating to professional communications.
- You will enable career progression by building effective communicative ability in work situations.
- Development of communication techniques constructive to multinational business environments.