Year-Round General English Courses
Our year-round General English Course focuses on speaking, listening, reading and writing with authentic materials and tasks, as well as taking a context-based approach to grammar and vocabulary. Throughout the course, students will also develop the ability to express critical thinking in English and take English language exams. Students are introduced to global topics and learner collaboration is encouraged, through projects and discussion.
2024 start dates:
Every Monday (subject to availability)
Course Prices 2024
- Morning Classes
- 1-5 weeks €230 per week
- 6-10 weeks €220 per week
- 11-15 weeks €210 per week
- 16-24 weeks €200 week
- 25 weeks €4,900
- Afternoon Classes
- 1-5 weeks €175 per week
- 6-10 weeks €170 per week
- 11-15 weeks €165 per week
- 16-24 weeks €160 per week
- 25 weeks €3,875
Afternoon Extension: IELTS, Business or Listening & Speaking
In addition to the morning General English course, students have the option of taking 4 extra lessons per week, from our 3 available afternoon extension options:
- LISTENING + SPEAKING: This course gives students the chance to put the language they know into action. Students will expand their range of functional language, as well as develop the communicative strategies needed for real-world interactions.
- IELTS PREPARATION: Designed for students intending to take IELTS exam in the future, as well as for those wanting help to improve their previous scores; this course aims to help students grasp all aspects of the exam within a short timeframe.
- BUSINESS: This course is ideal for business professionals looking to gain the skills and confidence to work and communicate in a global environment.
2023 start dates:
- 11 September 2023
- 2 October 2023
- 11 November 2023
- 6 November 2023
2024 start dates:
- Every Monday (subject to availability)
Course Prices 2024
- 1-5 weeks €95 per week
- 6-10 weeks €90 per week
- 11-15 weeks €85 per week
- 16-24 weeks €80 per week
- 25 weeks €1,875
|Location||UCD Campus, Belfield, Dublin 4|
|Tuition||20 lessons per week (55 min per lesson)|
Elementary to Advanced*
|Class Size||Maximum 15, Average 12|
General English Course:
Morning Classes: 09:00 - 13:00, Monday to Friday
Afternoon Classes: 13:00 - 17:00, Monday to Friday
- First Coursebook
- Modern classrooms with full multimedia facilities
- Regular progress reports
- Exciting and varied Social Activity Programme
* Entrance test required to establish the correct level for each student.
The following dates are Bank Holidays in Ireland and no classes will take place on these dates:
- 2023 Christmas break: 22 December 2023 - 5 January 2024
- 5 January 2024
- 18 March 2024
- 29 March 2024
- 1 April 2024
- 6 May 2024
- 3 June 2024
- 5 August 2024
- 28 October 2024
- 2024 Christmas break: 22 December 2024 - 5 January 2025
On these weeks, classes will start on the following Tuesday.
Tuition hours lost due to public holidays are non-refundable.
What students say
"I had a very good experience studying in UCD ELA and I'd definitely recommend the school to my friends. The atmosphere was really good and the teachers were well prepared. I also like the campus very much. There are many options of cafes and restaurants for students to enjoy. "
Mauricio Martin Fakes, Spain
Frequently Asked Questions
UCD ELA is committed to a dynamic teaching environment ensuring a productive and successful learning experience for each student. The average number of students per class is 12 with a maximum of 15 students per class.
All UCD ELA teachers are experienced, qualified and fully accredited and maintain the high level of excellence of University College Dublin (UCD).
To make your booking, contact us today at email@example.com. A booking deposit of 5% of total fees must be made to confirm any booking.
Non-EU nationals from visa-required countries must pay their course in full before applying for the visa. Payment is required to be made in full 90 days before the student's arrival date.
Please ensure you allow adequate time to apply for your visa, if applicable.